Cold Rooms Contractors In Kenya, Cold Rooms Installation in Kenya, Cold Rooms Installation Companies in Kenya, Cold Rooms Companies in Kenya
Professional Kenya Cold Room Construction Company in Kenya, Best Cold Storage Equipment Installation in Kenya, The Best Cold Room Service Maintenance and Installation in Kenya, Cold Storage Equipment Sales Kenya, Cold Storage Containers Importers in Kenya
A lot of people associate cold storage with food items storage. While that is mostly the case, there are many other industries where cold storage is used. In this article, we look at the components of cold storage, and the different industries where cold rooms are used from the perspective of the best cold rooms installation company in Kenya.
The Main Components of Cold Storage
Cold rooms are the main storage facilities for cold chain logistics. In that case, it is the focus of the entire cold chain logistics management.
At Cuma Refrigeration East Africa Limited, our experienced team of engineers, technicians, and project managers offer the best cold room services in Kenya. As the best cold room construction company in Kenya, We advise our clients on the best cold room components to use.
This is the main component in a cold room. It is the only component that requires power to run. I know the question you have is what does the compressor do? As can be drawn from the name, a compressor compresses the refrigerant gas. It raises the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant gas that comes from the evaporator. As the pressure increases, the boiling point of the refrigerant increases as well, and the compressor can condense it at the temperature of the condenser.
As can be drawn from the name, a condenser removes the heat from the refrigerant gas, transforming it back into liquid form. In essence, it carries out a phase change of the refrigerant from a gaseous form into liquid under high temperature & pressure. It acts as the heat sink with its heat-exchange efficiency determining the efficiency of the cold storage plant. As the best cold rooms Services Company in Kenya, Cuma Refrigeration will advise you on the best components for your cold room.
- Expansion Valve
An expansion valve plays an essential role in the operation of a cold room. By reducing the temperature and the pressure of the refrigerant using a throttling device, the expansion valve controls the flow of the liquid gas and expands it into vapor. The throttling process occurs through friction and leads to a change in the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant.
- Evaporator Coils
This is where cooling takes place. The cyclic process that lowers the temperature of the products stored in the cold room occurs here. It takes the heat from the storage compartment or atmosphere that needs to be cooled. Consequently, this heat vaporizes the liquid refrigerant, accordingly cooling and preserving the items that need to be cooled or preserved. Cuma Refrigeration (EA) LTD supplies the best cold room components.
- Refrigerator Fans
After the air in the cold room is cooled, it must be spread across the room using a convention process. A refrigerator fan or blower helps circulate air over the cold evaporator coils, cooling the room.
- Cold Room Door
We also need a cold room door. It is rigid and needs excellent insulation to maintain the temperature in the cold room.
Generally, the boiling point of the refrigerant is reduced by raising the temperature and pressure of the compressor. As the refrigerant is transformed from gaseous into liquid, heat is removed. The refrigerant is moved into an expansion valve, reducing its temperature and pressure in the liquid state.
The last step is in the evaporator, where the heat from the atmosphere is used to change the refrigerant back into a gaseous state.
Uses of Cold Storage
Cold rooms are used across different industries. As the best cold rooms company in Kenya, we are trusted by these companies. Below are some of the industries where cold rooms are used:
- Food industry – Restaurants, food outlets, supermarkets, grocery shops, milk plants, and so on, are just some of the industries that use Cuma Refrigeration’s cold rooms services in Kenya. These industries use domestic fridges, cold rooms, blast freezers, chillers, and so on, depending on the purpose they intend to meet. For instance, blast freezers are used to keep large quantities of food items for prolonged periods of time.
- Manufacturing industry – Numerous manufacturing industries use cold storage services. For instance, in hot and humid climates, wax-like substances such as candles need to be stored in cold spaces. Melting can ruin such items and lead to massive financial losses for such industries. As such, the best cold room services provider in Kenya recommends the need for cold storage for such industries.
- The entertainment industry – Players in the entertainment industry also procure our services. A perfect example is in films and artwork. Film-makers use cold storage to stop camera films from getting ruined. Technology has advanced drastically. However, there are still people who use this approach when films need to be stored for prolonged periods of time. This is mainly the case for old art pieces. They must be stored in controlled temperatures to prevent them from peeling off their canvases
- Pharmaceutical industry – Pharmaceutical industries handle chemicals that must be stored at certain temperatures. For that reason, there are warehouses that have inbuilt cold room technologies. As the best cold room services company in Kenya, our cold rooms are used in hospitals and medical facilities. Particularly, they are used in the storage of blood, certain vaccines, and biopharmaceuticals.
- Other Uses – As aforesaid, Cuma Refrigeration offers cold room services to a number of industries. For instance, we offer to provide cold storage warehouse services. In situations where producers wish to keep cold rooms within the factory premises, such facilities can be built. Conveyor belts are used to move such products within cold storage facilities. We also build custom cold storage facilities for our esteemed customers. The end goal is to ensure our clients get value for their money and improve their supply chain needs.